Episode #327 – Philipp Humm
Stories Make You Memorable
Philipp Humm helps sales experts around the world use stories to become their clients’ #1 trusted advisor. At the moment, he’s writing a book on StorySelling where he has interviewed 50+ sales executives, speakers and coaches on how to use stories authentically in sales. Just this year, he gave a TEDx talk on “The Secret to Building Lasting Confidence”. People pitching their company often say things like “We are the market leader in…We operate in 200 branches…We spend 10% of our money on R&D.” Philipp Humm notes that while these are interesting facts that should be included, they aren’t very memorable. The moment you walk out the door, your potential buyer won’t remember those facts. To be remembered, you need to appeal to their emotions. The easiest way to do that? Tell a story.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:54] Why is storytelling an important skill to possess in sales?
- [1:53] Is storytelling something that can be learned?
- [2:50] The ingredients of a great story that sells
- [4:07] The attributes and characteristics of a great storyteller
- [5:13] Resources listeners can use to improve their storytelling
- [6:10] Philipp’s top three storytelling dos and top three don’ts
- [9:34] Anyone can share a mesmerizing story with the right techniques
Is storytelling something that can be learned?
Philip recently attended his undergrad […]