Episode #196 – Scott Chepow
Negotiation Preparation is THE Key to Success
Scott Chepow is a seasoned leader, with over 20 years of sales and negotiation experience. He currently leads Engagement Strategy for The Gap Partnership across North America and works with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them create incremental value through negotiation.
Negotiation preparation contributes to 90% of the success of a negotiation, according to Scott Chepow, today’s guest on the Sales Reinvented Podcast. The better prepared you are before the negotiation commences, the smoother the process will be, and the likelihood of a successful outcome is far higher. To hear more of Scott’s thoughts on negotiation, listen to the whole episode!
Scott Chepow is the Senior Vice President of Engagement Strategy for The Gap Partnership in North America. He works with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them create incremental value through negotiation. His 20+ years of experience in the industry is a welcome addition to this podcast. Don’t miss his take on the negotiation process!
Outline of This Episode
- [0:46] What is negotiation?
- [1:35] Why is negotiation important in business?
- [2:23] Why don’t salespeople like to negotiate
- [3:30] Scott’s negotiation preparation process
- [5:20] The attributes that make a great sales negotiator
- [6:23] Tools + tactics + strategies Scott implements
- [9:07] Scott’s top 3 negotiation dos and […]