Episode #304 – Mike Adams
Stories = The Fastest Path to Sales
Author of the bestselling book Seven Stories Every Salesperson Must Tell (2018), Mike lives in Melbourne, Australia, where he leads the sales storytelling practice for Anecdote International and consults to a client base as diverse and international as his own sales career. Storytelling is the way to connect with clients and exchange information in the easiest format for humans. Unfortunately, most business conversations are so abstract that people can’t understand what you mean. But when you tell stories, clients understand you.
As soon as someone tells a story, the other person wants to tell a story back. It’s the fastest way to get to a “sharing” conversation. It’s not about making assertions and claims about products. It’s such an important skill because salespeople have to get into problem-solving in-depth conversations to understand what’s going on. Stories are the path to understanding.
They lay the foundation and propel prospects to a buying decision. Mike Adams shares how in this episode of Sales Reinvented.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:53] The importance of storytelling in sales
- [2:43] Everyone can become brilliant storytellers
- [4:50] Relevance is key to a great story
- [6:31] Curiosity is the #1 trait salespeople need
- [8:10] The 3 fundamental problems salespeople have
- [10:27] Mike shares some storytelling resources