Episode #216 – Jodi Cahn
Why Time is a Powerful Negotiation Tool
Jodi Cahn is a 20 year veteran of teaching negotiating skills to businesses around the globe with Karrass. She also provides solar solutions for California residents as part of the no-cost solar revolution. Many people are familiar with the concept of time pressure as a negotiation tactic—but what about allowing time to lapse as a tool? How does the passage of time sway a negotiation and become a powerful tactic? In this episode of Sales Reinvented, Jodi Cahn shares this powerful negotiation tactic and many others, including understanding and addressing a counterparty’s core needs.
Jodi is an experienced negotiation trainer and has taught KARRASS® Effective Negotiating for 20 years around the globe. On top of being a practice negotiation trainer, she is a Sales Representative with Solar Energy Partners in California. Don’t miss this insightful episode!
Outline of This Episode
- [0:41] What is negotiation?
- [2:20] Why is negotiation important in business?
- [3:17] Why don’t salespeople like to negotiate?
- [4:58] Jodi’s negotiation process
- [7:16] Patience truly is a virtue
- [8:37] Negotiation tools, tactics, strategies
- [9:51] Top 3 dos and don’ts
- [11:51] Jodi’s favorite negotiation story
View negotiation as the beginning of a relationship
Negotiation is an exchange where two parties both want in, but there’s a gap that […]